Thursday, January 14, 2010

This one is dedicated to Katie C

I'm not a vegan but... we just made these vegan corn tamales and they were delish! I found the recipe when I was looking at the top 25 Vegetarian and vegan recipes for 2009.


As you can (maybe) see, we added shredded lettuce, avocado, and jalapenos (I am addicted to jalapenos, I put them on everything!).

I think you can use cornmeal or maybe even polenta if you can't find the fancy tamale stuff (they sell it here). I also think the bean mix was a little dry. Which I guess it has to be so it doesn't fall out. But I think maybe one extra tomato wouldn't hurt. OR a non-spicy salsa on the side, maybe some sour cream for the non-vegans amongst us.

This could be a fun thing to do with kids too, if you made a non-spicy version. :)

1 comment:

Em said...

Oh my god, I love jalapenos too and also put them on everything! Mmmm spicy goodness...