Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My favourite found object

I like found objects and this is definitely the best thing I have found for a while. I found it when I was walking to the supermarket around the time it gets dark so it was hard to spot. It doesn't really seem like it tells you much, but it does really - you'll see. Here it is:

Here's what I like about it: it is a colour chart of my favourite colour blue, I have always wanted to a paint a room a really deep shade of blue.

I live in a relatively 'middle-class' neighbourhood with lots of large villas and for a long time now a common middle-class pastime in NZ has been renovating and redecorating your villa. So it is no surprise to find a colour chart lying around really.

I also like to read about architecture and design, so I know that painting rooms in these shades of blue, particularly living rooms, is quite popular right now. A trend that was fueled by the makeover of Carrie's apartment in the Sex and City movie and recently recreated in a NZ TV house makeover show. This makes me laugh because I think that from what I've seen some of the people who live here, they would mindlessly follow trends and not really consider what they really like themselves. But that's just what I think anyway.

Here are two websites of with other people's interesting found objects. Found magazine and Passive Aggressive Notes.

Look out for more found objects coming soon....

No comments: