Thursday, July 23, 2009

Things I love from Apartment Therapy

I love, love, love looking at other people's houses. One of my dream jobs would be architecture photographer. There is a very good film featuring the work of Julius Shulman on at the festival at the moment, called Visual Acoustics. And it just so happened that he passed away on July 15th. I am hoping to go see it, if it stops selling out!

Image by Julius Shulman from Apartment Therapy

Not really into urban holidays? Then the small town escape could be for you.
I love the idea and also this postcard:

Postcard of Paris, Illinois from: Apartment Therapy

Mr Jones wants to build a house with no windows, with a glass roof. Personally, as much as I like clouds, stars, planes and birds, I also like being able to see trees and people. Plus I don't want a crink in my neck. So maybe something like this could be a compromise:


Thanks Apartment Therapy for entertaining me today :)

4 comments:

Dad Burger said...

wow that is very cool. that house overlooking LA is beautiful.

rhiannon and i always wanted houses like frida kahlo and her husband. no monkeys though.

hope you're doing well ;)

Thinking to Some Purpose said...

The two houses with a bridge between is our dream too!

Bon said...

I love the Smith house on Waiheke for the same reason. It is a series of pavilions connected by a long covered walkway that stretches out around a big old pohutukawa tree. It started off as a one room bach then as their family grew they just added more one room buildings and connected them up. Much like a campsite. I will try an put some pics up one day.

Dad Burger said...

i think that's what i'll do on my land i buy. but i'll do it with caravans. caravans at different elevations with glass houses connecting them. does that make sensey?