Friday, December 11, 2009

The ghost of Christmas past

Ahh Christmas, how you love to creep up on us all. It got me thinking about Christmases that have gone before...

2005 - Our first Xmas in Auckland. I insisted on having a tree. You can't really tell from the bad photo, but it is decorated with white agapanthus flowers, burgundy and silver ribbons, matching baubles and candy canes. Xmas day was spent apart. I went to Nana's and Mr Jones went to his parents house.

2006 - Xmas together alone at Solscape (comes with my highest recommendation) in Raglan. No need to cook a meal, we just grazed on snacks. Extremely relaxing and indulgent, although I'm not sure if our families have forgiven our selfishness.

2007 - Xmas day at Nana's new house with my immediate family and Uncle. I had a pescatarian feast! Mr Jones at parents. The evening was spent at Mum's and with the cousins.

2008 - Xmas together again. At Mr Jones' parent's for a delicious BBQ lunch. Needless to say the evening was spent asleep on the sofa too full to move!

It can be tricky juggling two families needs at Xmas, but family is important so we keep juggling. This year the plan is:
Xmas day BBQ at Mr Jones' parent's place. Xmas evening travelling down the line for Boxing day celebrations with my side of the family. I would love to have a tree and trimmings but I'm not sure if I feel christmassy enough yet.

2 comments:

Skitch said...

The whole point of getting a tree is to make you feel more christmassy! we got ours last weekend from some kids on the side of the road and its great heh heh. i will have to send you a pick - also on of our garden - since you still havent seen it! Flowers on the xmas tree thats brilliant :) - having two families is a tricky one indeed.

Bon said...

Rich: You should check out this year's tree!