Friday, December 18, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Despite a generally bah-humbug attitude towards Christmas, I could never be a complete killjoy. We have a tree... of sorts, and there are even a few pressies under it. I put up fairy lights over the window and along the bookshelf (I didn't take a photo sorry) and I helped Mr Jones make gingerbread men for his work Secret Santa.

Here's our 'tree', a little bit lopsided, but quite sustainable. Only thing missing is that pine smell. But apparently real trees have lost their scent due to genetic modification (see National Radio audio file, called Smell at about 36:36 in the file).

See if you can spot the gangster gingerbread man, the abominable gingerbread man, the corrupt corporate gingerbread man and the Mr Burns "I bring you love" gingerbread man...


I really liked the controversial biblical bed scene billboard put up by St Matthew in the City church this year. I thought it was brilliant AND it worked... if your looking for me on Christmas Eve I'll be at St Matthew in the City (I won't bore you with a discourse on my religious beliefs and why I would go to this church).

I'm dying to tell my Secret Santa story. Sometimes when you have an idea it just takes on a life of its own! So much fun, thanks to Mrs $1 Pies for organising it. I can't wait.

Roll on Xmas... I think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

grinch.

i stubled upon this blog when trying to find yours:

http://whispersweetnothings.blogspot.com/

(if the link is correct)
turns out this person is crazy about michael! ha.

-michael

Bon said...

I wondered why I couldn't get that domain name, but I did a search and it didn't come up! Hmmm, not as Internet savy as I would like to think. Quite scary though - haha